Thursday, October 25, 2012

Art Heals


 Art Heals. It does.

Those who make things and paint and create with their hands know how vital art is to their hearttheir soul.  It has been my lifeline (again), through these past few weeks. Whether it was in the form of a handwritten note from a loving friend, a book of short stories, or a poem I carried in my pocket. Just carrying art supplies in my bagknowing they were there within my reach was comforting to me. My pens and my journal, acted as my confidants while sitting by Steve's hospital bed in the dark or alone in the hotel after a long hard day.

I am grateful for these tools that comforted me in my time of need.  Since returning home, I have had little time and energy to devote to my work, but knowing it was just waiting for me to come back to has consoled me in ways I can't even articulate at this moment.

Grief is a living emotion and time does not heal all.

Art can help work through the grief the way time cannot.

I am so grateful for my creative well. It is a lifeline. It is a gift.

I'm getting there.

Again.

With Love,

7 comments:

  1. Yes! Art saves! I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but totally agree on the miracle powers of art. In my thoughts and prayers. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more!!! Art has gotten me through many dark days. Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully put, Danielle. Hugs to you sweet girl.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Art heals. this is one of my fundamental Truths now.
    Keep going, it does not even have to be pretty. Just get it out, and the wounds will become smaller and smaller. Even if the scars will be there as a reminder, it will stay behind you.
    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are so many people thinking about you and your family, Danielle. lots of love and lots of art! xo aimee

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true...sending you light, love and healing to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time does not heal all, I agree...but you'll be okay, your tough, hang in there. Hugs and light are being sent your way. XO.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo