Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Finding my Footting

How are you all doing? I'm still trying to find my footing over here.  It's amazing what happens to your body after a stressful event. It speaks, through aches and pains and tired eyes and tired bones. It was a long week last week. Steve was home but he was still in a lot of pain from the surgery and our sleep was limited. He also ended up at the Emergency Thursday night due to his rising temperature. A fever after a surgery is a scary thing it means it could be an infection and an infection after spinal surgery could lead to meningitis...SO, my friends, it has been exhausting. I feel like I have been hit by a half-tontotally depleted. BUT, I believe we are FINALLY out of the woods and into the clear. Steve's headaches have also subsided, but he occasionally wears sunglasses while eating breakfast which is a little oddstill.

On another note, I've been trying to get back into a routine again. I've been spending a little time in the studio and will have some new original works to add later this week.  It's been slow-going, but I can see a shift in my work again. Maybe you will notice it too. (There is no hiding when you paint faces.)

I have been extremely blessed by friends who have been dropping off baked goods and home cooked meals consisting of soups, quiche, canole and everything else under the sun. This has meant the world to me and to my family. I am so grateful to these kind and loving souls, you know who you are...



That's it for today but I promise to share more of what I've been painting in the next post-coming soon. Thank-you again for the kind messages that have been rolling through and for all the sweet folks who have been checking in on us. I hope to feel like myself again soon. I'm bound to kick it in gear again, last night was the first night I actually slept through the night! Love from me to you. xoxo  

4 comments:

  1. thinking of all of you... and your journey .. thanks for updating us.. give yourself time too.. lots of emotions rolling thru your life... but YOU have it in you to be and do what you have to do... we will see good things to come... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! sending you and the family lots of love and prayers. xo carlanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Danielle...many wishes and prayers, that rest and healing find you and your husband. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the whole fever thing certainly sounds scary. I'm so glad he's out of the woods now and that you're starting to get some sleep. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo