Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Eye of the Storm


Hurricane Sandy is being felt across North America. We are all united by her winds.
We have had wet snow and ice to contend with but nothing
like the weather many of my East coast friends have had to endure.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

I have learned that many of us are simultaneously fighting 
our own personal hurricanes.
Tumultuous emotions are being brought up and out during this time.
When great upheaval occurs like this, one of two things can happen;
it can bring out the best in a relationship
or
it can dismantle it.

What I am learning time and time again is that 
both of these outcomes are good.

Steve and I have not been immune to the present winds.
Hurricanes have a way of dismantling the status quo;
 bringing out the best in people or highlighting their lack of light.

New slates all around us are being born.
Making room for a new way, 
an honest way, 
the truth.

Hurricanes allow us to let go of all that and those.
I'm letting you go into the winds.
I only wish I'd done it sooner.

3 comments:

  1. funny you should say that .. about hurricanes.. and people.. as with my experience .. the past hurricanes that hit here seem to bring out the best in people.. 2 weeks with out electric brought out the fellowship of neighbors and strangers alike.. there was a genuine concern amongst everyone for each other.. battling those other hurricanes can also bring out the best .. and worst in people .. the storm brings truth to the situation... and you have seen the truths... and it is now clear to YOU which way the wind blows.. let those old winds go and blow as they must.. there are many new winds on the horizon ..xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you are learning some hard truths about people you thought you could rely on for help - it is a hard lesson to learn indeed, having learned that sometimes I have to rely on myself alone for some things in my life.

    One might say that 'people do what they can, what they are able to do', and this can be true, but it does not make learning truths about the abilities of others easier to bear =-\

    Much luck as you continue to weather the current storms you are experiencing in your life Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what's going on with you exactly Danielle but I am sorry your having a hard time...I do know something about supposed loved ones turning on you...maybe we can discuss our experiences over coffee someday...my neice is moving to Sudbury so I'll be going there more then once a year now:D Hugs to you lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your words. I tuck them inside my heart pocket. xo